Ask the Expert Sponsors

Ask the Expert Sponsors

NEW! Ask The Expert

Do you have a Legal question?

SCV Members now have the benefit of complimentary response from SCV Affiliate Member Dickenson, Peatman & Fogarty.

How it works: Submit your general legal question by filling in the simple query form and the membership will typically receive a response within one-five business days.

Read the Ask the Expert Recent Questions


ABC/TTB change of control question

We are a winery and hold our permits as an LLC. My husband and I are the managers and originally held our membership interest as individuals each owning 50%. We have done some estate planning and now own the membership interest as one trust with the two of us as trustees. Does this need to be reported to ABC and TTB?

Yes. For both ABC and TTB this is recognized as a change in control and an application must be filed to reflect the 100% ownership change of your existing permits with both agencies. This should technically be done within 30 days of the change.

©2016 Sonoma County Vintners, 400 Aviation Boulevard, Suite 500, Santa Rosa, CA 95403